Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms
Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

2016 Braveheart Ride
 All Forums
 Braveheart Cycling Fund Forums
 General Discussion (Road Cycling)
 Michael Nicolson Flanders form
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

fuente
Speed Limits N/A

1075 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  09:49:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Graham McG[/i]
[br]Going to need to get yourself a Flemish groupie to hand you up some bottles, Michael.




bang on this cost him a win..

I remember the Tour of the Cotswolds 1981 110 miles race very hilly in 75 degrees heatwave in August or July in a break for 82 miles with the Milk Race GB team Downs ,Waugh, Galloway, Longbottom.Poulter etc I had one bottle of water and they kept getting bottles all day and wouldnt give me nothing.. I got third .sprinted with my mouth stuck together .Ended up in hospital with dehydration . Learnt a leason but still regret not taking a helper on hot days, those chances dont come every day..... Not easy when your miles from home though...


Callum Gough

Go to Top of Page

Graham McG
Speed Limits N/A

1771 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  12:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by fuente[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Graham McG[/i]
[br]Going to need to get yourself a Flemish groupie to hand you up some bottles, Michael.




bang on this cost him a win..

I remember the Tour of the Cotswolds 1981 110 miles race very hilly in 75 degrees heatwave in August or July in a break for 82 miles with the Milk Race GB team Downs ,Waugh, Galloway, Longbottom.Poulter etc I had one bottle of water and they kept getting bottles all day and wouldnt give me nothing.. I got third .sprinted with my mouth stuck together .Ended up in hospital with dehydration . Learnt a leason but still regret not taking a helper on hot days, those chances dont come every day..... Not easy when your miles from home though...


Callum Gough





There's usually a number of Belgies happy to hang out with foreign riders - just need to watch out for the bunny boilers.

Reading The Belgian Hammer just now and I get a mention - well almost - the author talks of racing in Belgium as part of a Christian Missionary team and him chatting to a group of friendy, if incomprehensible Scots. Remember meeting these guys and one of them being hugely impressed that I was studying at Moscow University (suppose that was the incomprehensible bit). Were nice guys but their jerseys were a bit OTT,; all those crosses!
Go to Top of Page

pmcdonald
Crusing Past

270 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  22:46:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
best of luck whilst you have the good form Michael - the race reports make great reading

Paul McD
Go to Top of Page

MCoopland
Speed Limits N/A

1813 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2012 :  15:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Reading The Belgian Hammer just now and I get a mention - well almost - the author talks of racing in Belgium as part of a Christian Missionary team and him chatting to a group of friendy, if incomprehensible Scots. Remember meeting these guys and one of them being hugely impressed that I was studying at Moscow University (suppose that was the incomprehensible bit). Were nice guys but their jerseys were a bit OTT,; all those crosses!"

Was that you and your mechanic graham?

Martin Coopland

www.crotchguard.co.uk
Crap name - great product!

Go to Top of Page

FrenchDave
Crusing Past

358 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2012 :  21:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
8th in the prologue at the Tour of the North
Go to Top of Page

frenkmcginty
Speed Limits N/A

1379 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2012 :  22:08:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm off down the road in the morning to mcbookies to put a crisp new one pound note on the overall winner here too.....
Go to Top of Page

BrianS
Administrator

1242 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2012 :  22:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So why are some of our Scottish talent riding in Ireland rather then supporting our own Tour Doon Hame....lost for words....


Go to Top of Page

ndahli
Gaining Speed

158 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  10:30:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't agree more Brian. Its outrageous they're no at the Doon Hame with saltire face paint geein it 'freedom!'.
I reckon all Braveheart funding should be immediately taken off of Michael. Aw hod oan, he never got any.
What travesty shall befall Scottish Cycling next? Riders wearing bibshorts rather than the more traditional kilt?



Oh Braveheart Forum, so much to answer for
Go to Top of Page

Ian Sim
Crusing Past

369 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  18:53:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At a guess, 4 days racing at totn instead of 2 in Scotland?
Go to Top of Page

smacg
Crusing Past

329 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  22:13:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Ian Sim[/i]
[br]At a guess, 4 days racing at totn instead of 2 in Scotland?

Go to Top of Page

smacg
Crusing Past

329 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  22:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by smacg[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Ian Sim[/i]
[br]At a guess, 4 days racing at totn instead of 2 in Scotland?





a scottish team should have been in this race for the last 15 or so years!whats new!
Go to Top of Page

ndahli
Gaining Speed

158 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2012 :  14:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael won today's stage and moves into third overall


Braveheart forum, so much to answer for
Go to Top of Page

Rab W
Crusing Past

203 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2012 :  15:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have 3rd overall, a stage win and 3rd in the Team GC. The racing has been good, and morale is high and we go into tomorrow thinking about how to win overall. Michael is learning how to win and the young guys are learning how to race over longer distances. If this team was riding the Tour Doon Hame we'd be shut out of the breaks and nothing to gain from riding in them. Also our leading Scottish riders are riding for strong trade teams, or their own clubs.

I know it's not a race of the same level as the Tour Doon Hame, but I think we'll get more from it. Also a look at the former winners shows it's not a race for idiots, with Messers Riddle, Mez, Urquart and MacIntyre former scottish winners, Evan 2nd as an U23, Winn, Evans, Cassidy and some lad called Kelly? The riders here are strong, McCann is flying as is Hawkins and Mossy. It's a good race.
Go to Top of Page

fuente
Speed Limits N/A

1075 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2012 :  17:12:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by BrianS[/i]
[br]So why are some of our Scottish talent riding in Ireland rather then supporting our own Tour Doon Hame....lost for words....




It's a scotland team if your picked you go where they race. I am sure they would race anywhere. Don't blame the riders let's encourage them instead .
Go to Top of Page

frenkmcginty
Speed Limits N/A

1379 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2012 :  19:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great result michael...i'm glad i played the cautious card and put my pound on each way.. ensuring some serious pocket money ...thanks...betfrenk
Go to Top of Page

alexmcallister
Gaining Speed

165 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  16:09:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by cthomas[/i]
[br]Well done! Maybe see you on the bike on the Schelde. Look out for the barbie pink outfit- My
ASPTT Dijon UCI Womens team kit

Claire Thomas


She's much too modest to beat her own drum but ASPTT Dijon is one of only 3 UCI-registered womens teams in France. Good to see a home-grown rider taking such a significant step up. How is the season going Claire ???
Go to Top of Page

fuente
Speed Limits N/A

1075 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  16:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by alexmcallister[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by cthomas[/i]
[br]Well done! Maybe see you on the bike on the Schelde. Look out for the barbie pink outfit- My
ASPTT Dijon UCI Womens team kit

Claire Thomas


She's much too modest to beat her own drum but ASPTT Dijon is one of only 3 UCI-registered womens teams in France. Good to see a home-grown rider taking such a significant step up. How is the season going Claire ???

.

Bang on Alex . + 1
Go to Top of Page

frenkmcginty
Speed Limits N/A

1379 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  20:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
me 'n jimsy got 2 of these barbie pink outfits off ebay....nice kit...nice price too...thanks for the tip off about these claire.....i also bought a jar of that asptt dijon mustard but it was not that good....
Go to Top of Page

alexmcallister
Gaining Speed

165 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2012 :  11:05:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by frenkmcginty[/i]
[br]me 'n jimsy got 2 of these barbie pink outfits off ebay....nice kit...nice price too...thanks for the tip off about these claire.....i also bought a jar of that asptt dijon mustard but it was not that good....


Try the mustard on your sausages rather than your chamois Frenk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms © 2013 Braveheart Cycling Fund Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.92 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000