Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms
Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Braveheart Cycling Fund Forums
 General Discussion (Road Cycling)
 Ronde Predictions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Z00SH
Speed Merchant

843 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  12:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Podium predictions please ???

1 Cancellara
2 Boonen
3 Ballan




jockanese
Speed Limits N/A

2015 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  15:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Boonen
2. Devolder
3. Cancellara
Go to Top of Page

MCoopland
Speed Limits N/A

1787 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  16:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by jockanese[/i]
[br]1. Boonen
2. Devolder
3. Cancellara



1. Boonen
2. Bosan Hagen
3. Cancellara


Martin Coopland

www.crotchguard.co.uk
Crap name - great product!

Go to Top of Page

STEPHEN T.
Crusing Past

268 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  18:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Gravy Dibson

2. Spock

3. Sharpy
Go to Top of Page

Drew Bell
Learner

15 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2012 :  22:28:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1.Boonen
2.Sagan
3.Degenkolb
Go to Top of Page

Graham McG
Speed Limits N/A

1746 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2012 :  22:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steegmans
Go to Top of Page

GrahamN
Gaining Speed

116 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  09:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chavannel
Go to Top of Page

fuente
Speed Limits N/A

1074 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  09:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Segan
Spartacus
Chavanel

Cant describe how this place is buzzing at the moment. weather is a bit good though need a few rainstorms and a bit of snow
Go to Top of Page

fuente
Speed Limits N/A

1074 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  09:37:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Graham McG[/i]
[br]Steegmans



Could be a good call that.
Go to Top of Page

bob b
Crusing Past

277 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  15:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1.boonen/chavanel
2.haussler
3.breschel
Go to Top of Page

steven robertson
Speed Merchant

723 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  06:51:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant see past Boonen.That will be another 10er to mr hill
Go to Top of Page

tcrSD
Gaining Speed

189 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  08:51:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Cancellara
2. Sagan
3. Boonen
Go to Top of Page

owenp
Gaining Speed

109 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  14:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by fuente[/i]
[br]Segan
Spartacus
Chavanel



+1 - that's a good shout I reckon

--
my blog
Go to Top of Page

mezimov
Setting Off

94 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  22:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1 Cooke
2 Johansson
3 Neben
Go to Top of Page

Service Des Course
Gaining Speed

115 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2012 :  17:19:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well done to Boonen - But i dont think the new course change worked, the last 15kms was a bore and predictable and if it wasnt for the top 3 it would have been like the 2 mile straight finish "bunch gallop" at Paris - Tours !!! Bring back the "Muur" & the "Bosberg".
Go to Top of Page

Z00SH
Speed Merchant

843 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2012 :  19:15:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Z00SH[/i]
[br]Podium predictions please ???

1 Cancellara
2 Boonen
3 Ballan




2 out 3 isn't bad, and Spartacus was taken out?
Go to Top of Page

fuente
Speed Limits N/A

1074 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2012 :  12:55:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Service Des Course[/i]
[br]
Well done to Boonen - But i dont think the new course change worked, the last 15kms was a bore and predictable and if it wasnt for the top 3 it would have been like the 2 mile straight finish "bunch gallop" at Paris - Tours !!! Bring back the "Muur" & the "Bosberg".



Weather was amazing as well. Personally I think it was the change of location was a success and definately more spectator friendly location than usual finish . It was a full on party weekend with bands etc in the town square. Big Screens on the Patersberg and Owd Kwarement etc. I liked the new course although I would still have the Mur in somwhere. Oudenaarde has it for 5 years now .. The Oudenaarde town council are happy to have the Muur in but dont expect the Muur will be back until the Ronde organiser settles his dispute with the guy who owns the land at the top of the Muur, this is why it was moved NOT because of the finish town change. We are seeing bigger and bigger bunches finishing many of these classics now probably a sign of fitter riders (?). I thought last two laps were exciting with the various splits etc pity Cancelarra crashed think he would have been there up the Kwarment . Still cant work out Possato he should have attacked Boonen after Ballan had finished attacking. Italians clearly working together but Possato didnt attack on the run in once. Thinking he could beat Boonen in a gallup for the biggest race in Belgium mmm dont thinks so. In an intervire afterwards Boonen said he had bad legs ... amazing day
Go to Top of Page

Ivan
Speed Merchant

731 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2012 :  13:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by fuente[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Service Des Course[/i]
[br]
Well done to Boonen - But i dont think the new course change worked, the last 15kms was a bore and predictable and if it wasnt for the top 3 it would have been like the 2 mile straight finish "bunch gallop" at Paris - Tours !!! Bring back the "Muur" & the "Bosberg".



Weather was amazing as well. Personally I think it was the change of location was a success and definately more spectator friendly location than usual finish . It was a full on party weekend with bands etc in the town square. Big Screens on the Patersberg and Owd Kwarement etc. I liked the new course although I would still have the Mur in somwhere. Oudenaarde has it for 5 years now .. The Oudenaarde town council are happy to have the Muur in but dont expect the Muur will be back until the Ronde organiser settles his dispute with the guy who owns the land at the top of the Muur, this is why it was moved NOT because of the finish town change. We are seeing bigger and bigger bunches finishing many of these classics now probably a sign of fitter riders (?). I thought last two laps were exciting with the various splits etc pity Cancelarra crashed think he would have been there up the Kwarment . Still cant work out Possato he should have attacked Boonen after Ballan had finished attacking. Italians clearly working together but Possato didnt attack on the run in once. Thinking he could beat Boonen in a gallup for the biggest race in Belgium mmm dont thinks so. In an intervire afterwards Boonen said he had bad legs ... amazing day



Pozatto thought he was stronger , fresher , than TB after seeing TB struggle a bit on the last Paterberg , TB also said FP was the strongest , but TB was overgeared on the Paterberg , he couldn't use 25 or 23 , and had to use 21 so appeared to be struggling . TB also said he wasn't great but stayed at the same level all day while others got weaker.
Didn't like the final-laps idea but I think that this is what we'll see in this new route , because the finale is more concentrated and difficult later in the race so riders won't want to commit early , so we might still see the top guys winning from small , select groups but with no great gaps to much bigger groups not far behind , we'll need a few RVVs to see a pattern develop. Peeters said they were initially concerned about the 15-man group , too big a group , QS put guys on the front but decided the effort wasn't worth , waited to see how things developed , only putting two men on the front and sparing the 3 protected riders ie the riders not expected to ride until the finale ie Terpstra , TB and SC.
Looking forward to the first RVV with 4 degrees and p**sing rain.





Leve de Wielersport
Go to Top of Page

STEPHEN T.
Crusing Past

268 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2012 :  16:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shame that Eurosport comentator Brian S. did not condemn the stupid cyclist who veered onto pedestrian area and ended up hitting the deck just missing a spectator who could have been badly hurt. Riders are too guilty of this in Europe, bunny-hopping over roundabouts and pavements etc. and even with their top level bike handling skills it is foolhardy and should not be acceptable.
That said, enjoyed the coverage and most of Brian's comments and predictions were spot on, as usual.
Go to Top of Page

Z00SH
Speed Merchant

843 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2012 :  20:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by fuente[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Service Des Course[/i]
[br]
Well done to Boonen - But i dont think the new course change worked, the last 15kms was a bore and predictable and if it wasnt for the top 3 it would have been like the 2 mile straight finish "bunch gallop" at Paris - Tours !!! Bring back the "Muur" & the "Bosberg".


. Still cant work out Possato he should have attacked Boonen after Ballan had finished attacking. Italians clearly working together but Possato didnt attack on the run in once. Thinking he could beat Boonen in a gallup for the biggest race in Belgium mmm dont thinks so. In an intervire afterwards Boonen said he had bad legs ... amazing day



as Ballan started the lead out and Boonen jumped, Pozzy got out of the saddle briefly then sat down again, that 1-2 secs hesitation cost him the race?
Go to Top of Page

Joe 90
Learner

29 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2012 :  20:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by STEPHEN T.[/i]
[br]Shame that Eurosport comentator Brian S. did not condemn the stupid cyclist who veered onto pedestrian area and ended up hitting the deck just missing a spectator who could have been badly hurt. Riders are too guilty of this in Europe, bunny-hopping over roundabouts and pavements etc. and even with their top level bike handling skills it is foolhardy and should not be acceptable.
That said, enjoyed the coverage and most of Brian's comments and predictions were spot on, as usual.


It was a cycle path and he broke his collarbone due to the pedestrian panicking. Not really anyone's fault. I guess a lot of things in pro cycling could be seen as foolhardy, like riding for 250k up and down cobbled hills in tightly packed group of cyclists, seems a bit dangerous if you ask me.
Go to Top of Page

Ivan
Speed Merchant

731 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2012 :  22:13:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Joe 90[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by STEPHEN T.[/i]
[br]Shame that Eurosport comentator Brian S. did not condemn the stupid cyclist who veered onto pedestrian area and ended up hitting the deck just missing a spectator who could have been badly hurt. Riders are too guilty of this in Europe, bunny-hopping over roundabouts and pavements etc. and even with their top level bike handling skills it is foolhardy and should not be acceptable.
That said, enjoyed the coverage and most of Brian's comments and predictions were spot on, as usual.


It was a cycle path and he broke his collarbone due to the pedestrian panicking. Not really anyone's fault. I guess a lot of things in pro cycling could be seen as foolhardy, like riding for 250k up and down cobbled hills in tightly packed group of cyclists, seems a bit dangerous if you ask me.



The organiser of the RVV was asked in a radio interview today about the incident with the spectator and Langeveld , he blamed the rider , , the spectator was not to blame , the riders had explicit instructions to ride on the road at all times , not the cyclepaths or the middle separating strip , they were to stay on the road at all times.
Terpstra also criticised the spectator , saying that he should have stayed where he was , but the spectator saw riders in the peloton coming towards him and attempted to get out of the way by stepping back onto the cyclepath , he should not have run into any riders on the cyclepath.


Leve de Wielersport
Go to Top of Page

jockanese
Speed Limits N/A

2015 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2012 :  08:37:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The spectator has said it will be the last time he watches a bike race as he has had to take a week off work!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms © 2013 Braveheart Cycling Fund Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000