Someones nicked aal the races
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

madmicky
Speed Merchant

900 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2014 :  23:58:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I just being a thick Geordie (dont answer that) or has some d1ck Turpin of cycling nicked all the road races off the SCU calendar?

I know its early, but unless Ive put the wrong 'filter' in for searching road races out on the British Cycling website (a Federation once set up for road and track racing I believe, but now full of events for people off their napper who wanna do 'sky rides' or Thursday Cafe runs) then it would appear there are 3 road races between March and May.

Thats one a month mind you - so theres a canny even balance there.

Now as much as Thurs cafe run with a nice bit cake and people dicussing how that expensive lizard skin bar tape really looks good on their Dura Ace Pinarello, I'd much rather start looking at some good old fashioned road racing, in strong winds, driving rain and on potholed, back breaking roads.

Caal me auld fashioned if you will, but I grew up filters were used in rolly's (tabs) or mebbes the odd coffee if you were too posh for Maxwell House or Nescafe.

So if someone can either direct me to the correct filta or say 'not all the dates and races or up there yet' that would be appreciated, as a cannit find any references to races, lack of em or promise of em (eastern promise!?) between now and June.

Cheers
madmicky

Rab W
Crusing Past

203 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  10:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'lizard skin bar tape really looks good on their Dura Ace Pinarello' Brilliant! How wrong would that be!?

I hope that more dates will be added soon? Maybe contact the Scottish Cycling office?

Rab
Go to Top of Page

Paul H
Crusing Past

208 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  12:26:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calm doon, calm doon.....

I know all the races have been put forward to SC and in fairness to them they have "highlighted" a few that are conflicting with each other and these ones the organisers (me being one) have been asked to discuss some options to try to avoid 4 races on one day, none the next weekend etc.

Once resolved / reviewed then I am sure they will be added. Hopefully mine will be added by end of the month now(not until August).

p.s. if you have any spare mince pies I'm your man

"Up the Ivy"
Go to Top of Page

madmicky
Speed Merchant

900 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  15:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was all just a rush of blood to the heed. Ive not been sleeping well, and in my insominac delirium (no - thats not the name of a new carbon bike with wishbone stays and hydraulic disc brakes!) I found myself thinking about pinning a number on this year.

Knowing full well that the very best races have ALWAYS been north o the border - I thought I'd write some dates in me diary. As it stands - me diary is unsullied by biro ink. Long may it stay that way....until I get lured by a race or two
Go to Top of Page

Paul H
Crusing Past

208 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  15:11:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am sure you will be "lured" but better watch out for the ones after 18th September as you will get frisked as you cross the border - particularly rough set of examination gloves currently on order

"Up the Ivy"
Go to Top of Page

frenkmcginty
Speed Limits N/A

1382 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  19:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have to agree with paul h..calm doon calm doon...there will be stuff for you in the fullness of time.......frenkmctyney.....
Go to Top of Page

bigjim
Crusing Past

363 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  19:47:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And here was I thinking
we were going back to
the old days with a
handbook and race information
of our own. i'am writing
to Mr Salmond regards.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms © 2013 Braveheart Cycling Fund Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000