Graeme Obree
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tam O Ranter
Speed Merchant

796 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2017 :  20:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am certain you will agree with me. The BBC programme didcated to Graeme Obree's World Record attempt was very well presented. At times Graeme looked physically a bit like Robert Carlyle. His attempt was well documented, well presented, this flimsy looking object he lay inside with no air, a dishwasher discharge hose being used as an air supply. WHAT A GUY! NOT ONE FOR GIVING UP, he wowed the Americans in fact the Obree story is very similar to Bert Munro who won the world land speed record in an old 1938 'Indian'motor cycle. The BBC touched briefly on some of Graeme's personal problems. In Scotland he was never short of offering to help, be it marshalling, pushing off and offering some advice.
Why then? ask yourself has Graeme never ever been recommended for an award of public recognition.The Scottish Cycling Union has long passed into memories, THERE IS NO SCOTTISH REPRESENTATION Bradley Wiggens was knighted for a dubious win in the Tour De fRANCE . Of course this sad situation is not unique in Scotland Ian Steele winner of the peace race was never ever recognised by the Scottish Cycling . his achievements were arguably the finest achievemnts by any Scottish Cyclists. The TLI tried to get an award for Ian Steele but his records and win were "Historic" and as such it could not be considered. I implore you not to wait until the "English Cycling Federation" gives us permission. This application for recognition is not difficult to register,but lets not sit about doing nothing (as usual)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms © 2013 Braveheart Cycling Fund Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.84 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000