Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms
Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

2016 Braveheart Ride
 All Forums
 Events
 Event Promotion
 Dunfermline CC - Jack Murray Junior Trophy RR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

steven robertson
Speed Merchant

741 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  21:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
50 laps of a 1 mile route or at least that is how it feels. please change this it is the only reason i did not race today well done to people who did .was the lad whith the lap board taking the piss the way he did last year .10 to go 7 to go 8 togo 1 to go 6 to go night mair
Go to Top of Page

PBPB
Speed Limits N/A

1411 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  22:12:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zoosh , The crash did not involve the race at all. A lady driver lost control and went

off the road quite heavily. It was witnessed by the race marshalls at the first corner

who were able to assist and two lady riders from SWC stopped and comforted the casualty.

The two motorbikes were the race outriders who turned back to assist.It ended up there

were two fire engines , two ambulances , two police cars and the two polis motorbikes.

After all that the single casualty was able to walk into the ambulance! Of course it was

impossible for the race to pass safely and stopping it was the right thing to do. Better

safe than sorry. So, If you going to have a car crash, Fife seems a good place to have it.

All road races in Fife have police outriders by the way. Cheers Ian.
Go to Top of Page

Z00SH
Speed Merchant

843 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2009 :  22:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by PBPB[/i]
[br]Zoosh , The crash did not involve the race at all. A lady driver lost control and went

off the road quite heavily. It was witnessed by the race marshalls at the first corner

who were able to assist and two lady riders from SWC stopped and comforted the casualty.

The two motorbikes were the race outriders who turned back to assist.It ended up there

were two fire engines , two ambulances , two police cars and the two polis motorbikes.

After all that the single casualty was able to walk into the ambulance! Of course it was

impossible for the race to pass safely and stopping it was the right thing to do. Better

safe than sorry. So, If you going to have a car crash, Fife seems a good place to have it.

All road races in Fife have police outriders by the way. Cheers Ian.



Kind of glad about that, from the pic, it looked like a race cyclist was hit by a vehicle!

"I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five." - Henri Desgranges
Go to Top of Page

RobW
Crusing Past

395 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  09:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by steven robertson[/i]
[br]50 laps of a 1 mile route or at least that is how it feels. please change this it is the only reason i did not race today well done to people who did .was the lad whith the lap board taking the piss the way he did last year .10 to go 7 to go 8 togo 1 to go 6 to go night mair



Stop moaning

It was a good race. Shame it had to be stopped and restarted, but the race organisation, marshalling etc was great - thanks to everyone who helped run the race.

Altura Altura Altura Altura Altura Altura Altura Altura Altura
Go to Top of Page

Bapti
Learner

33 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  10:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great race, enjoyed the course - not the wind. Shame my legs weren't up to much though.

Having just started racing last season and getting shelled in most races I took part in it was pretty demoralising but I trained hard over the winter and got 21st in the first super 6. It's not rocket science - ride more go faster - especially at this level. I'd say that most of the Dundee Discovery juniors would be able to handle that kind of pace, shame they were down in wales or something like that..

Can someone put up links the pics?

Go to Top of Page

MCoopland
Speed Limits N/A

1813 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  11:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can find Ian's pictures via www.Falkirkbc.co.uk

Martin Coopland

www.crotchguard.co.uk
Crap name - great product!

Go to Top of Page

Aitchy
Gaining Speed

133 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  11:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a bit of video from my Marshall point: http://vimeo.com/3920041

Jim Jackson has another one here of the finish: http://www.vimeo.com/3912144

Craig.

www.hardie-bikes.com
www.scottoiler.com/active.asp

Go to Top of Page

fuente
Speed Limits N/A

1075 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  14:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Bapti[/i]
[br]Great race, enjoyed the course - not the wind. Shame my legs weren't up to much though.

Having just started racing last season and getting shelled in most races I took part in it was pretty demoralising but I trained hard over the winter and got 21st in the first super 6. It's not rocket science - ride more go faster - especially at this level. I'd say that most of the Dundee Discovery juniors would be able to handle that kind of pace, shame they were down in wales or something like that..

Can someone put up links the pics?





Young Scots in Wales at National series.



Cadence Junior Road Race

Road & Track - 1/2/3
Place Rider Club Age Cat Disc Cat Rank Pts Series Pts
1 Alexander King Twickenham CC Junior 30 0
1 Alexander King Twickenham CC Junior 30 0
2 Simon Yates Sport City Velo Junior 25 0
2 Simon Yates Sport City Velo Junior 27 0
3 Dominic Schils Lotto Olympia Team Interbike Junior 45 0
4 David Nichols Glendene CC / Bike Trax Junior 40 0
5 Samuel Harrison Planet X Junior 35 0
6 Matthew Bailey Halesowen A & CC Junior 31 0
7 Daniel Mclay Univega-Kalkhoff Team (UK Team) Junior 27 0
8 Peter Dibben Hargroves Cycles Junior 23 0
9 Thomas Moses Teamwallis CHH Racing Team Junior 20 0
10 Timothy Kennaugh Manx Road Club Junior 17 0
11 Jake Durant Mid Devon CC Junior 15 0
12 Lewis Balyckyi Teamwallis CHH Racing Team Junior 13 0
13 Jamie Rogers S****horpe Polytechnic CC Junior 11 0
14 Adam Yates Sport City Velo Junior 9 0
15 Alexander Murison Glendene CC / Bike Trax Junior 7 0
16 Joshua Hunt Mid Devon CC Junior 6 0
17 Jake Hales Lotto Olympia Team Interbike Junior 5 0
18 George Atkins Websters Cycles.co.uk Junior 3 0
19 Joseph Perrett Glendene CC / Bike Trax Junior 2 0
20 Christopher Whorrall Manx Road Club Junior 1 0
21 Tom Yeatman Glendene CC / Bike Trax Junior 0 0
22 Paul Young Glendene CC / Bike Trax Junior 0 0
23 Ewen McDonald Epic Cycles-Viner RT Junior 0 0
24 Joshua Edmondson Glendene CC / Bike Trax Junior 0 0
25 Christopher Sherriffs Teamwallis CHH Racing Team Junior 0 0
26 Jack Salt Team Pedal Power - Loughborough Junior 0 0
27 Jessica Allen 100% ME Under 23 0 0
28 Michael Gregg Team Probikekit.com Junior 0 0
29 Thomas Lowe Go Sports Spex RT Junior 0 0
30 Jack Waller Lotto Olympia Team Interbike Junior 0 0
31 Felix English Team Corridori Junior 0 0
32 Perry Bowater CC Giro Junior 0 0
33 Robert Peart Junior 0 0
34 Robert Hassan Junior 0 0
35 Rhys Gravelle Bynea CC Junior 0 0
36 Graham Howell Ogmore Valley Wheelers Junior 0 0
37 Jonathan Mould agiskoviner Junior 0 0
38 James Bowtell In Gear Cycling Development Squad Junior 0 0
39 Martin Dawkins Team Quest - The Bike Shop Junior 0 0
40 John Cooper Wolverhampton Whls Junior 0 0
41 Paul Fostun Raleigh Avanti Racing Team Junior 0 0
42 Dean Martin Equipe Velo Ecosse/Montpeliers Junior 0 0
43 Rowan Marshall Bynea CC Junior 0 0
44 Magnus Davidson Junior 0 0
45 Cameron Carthew In Gear Cycling Development Squad Junior 0 0
46 Matthew Hamilton Discovery Junior Cycling Club Junior 0 0
47 Richard Forrest CC Cardiff Junior 0 0
48 Martin Woffindin Sport City Velo Junior 0 0
49 Andrew Leith Discovery Junior Cycling Club Junior 0 0
50 Conor Ryan GWR Team/3Vi/Swindon Cycles/Spiuk/High5 Junior 0 0
51 Tim Allen VC Lincoln Junior 0 0
52 James Smith Discovery Junior Cycling Club Junior 0 0
53 Jack Cousins Sport City Velo Youth
Go to Top of Page

Graham McG
Speed Limits N/A

1771 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  14:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
46th placed Matthew Hamilton was up the road in the main break for most of the race. Promising ride for a 16year old in his 3rd road race.
Go to Top of Page

harrisphoto
Speed Limits N/A

1455 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  14:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Bapti[/i]
[br]Great race, enjoyed the course - not the wind. Shame my legs weren't up to much though.

Having just started racing last season and getting shelled in most races I took part in it was pretty demoralising but I trained hard over the winter and got 21st in the first super 6. It's not rocket science - ride more go faster - especially at this level. I'd say that most of the Dundee Discovery juniors would be able to handle that kind of pace, shame they were down in wales or something like that..

Can someone put up links the pics?




The Discovery riders along with the other Scots listed were taken down to Wales by Mark McKay (BC Talent Team) as part of their preparation for a Belgium stage race over Easter (and other events).

Matthew Hamilton is certainly listed in the event report making the first break and there is a picture of Andrew Leith on the front of the bunch.

Martin Harris
www.discoveryjcc.co.uk

www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/roa/EventReports2009/20090329_cadence_junior_rr.asp

Edited by - harrisphoto on 30 Mar 2009 14:33:11
Go to Top of Page

scooper
Gaining Speed

176 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  21:12:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dunfermline CC / Jack Murray Junior RR 29/3/09

Posn. Name Team Cat Time
1Richard Allen www.thebicycleworks.com 3 02:02:51
2 Lewis Oliphant Velo Ecosse 3
3 Colin May Edinburgh RC 3
4 Paul Gallagher Fife Cycling 2000 V3
5 Graham Barclay Leslie Bike Shop / Right Move W V3
6 Scott McCrossan Pedal Power RT / Endura J
7 Gordon PlenderleithEK Road Club 4
8 Kenny Raeside Inverclyde Velo V3
9 Eddie Cowle Stirling BC / Altura / Wheels 3
10 GraemeNeagle Glasgow Wheelers CC 3
11Eddie Addis Stirling BC / Altura / Wheels 3
12Calum MacLean Edinburgh RC 3
13Andrew Brierley Leslie Bike Shop / Right Move W V4
14Joe Wilson Sandy Wallace Cycles 3
15Blair Gibb Pedal Power RT / Endura 3
16Alasdair Easton Edinburgh RC V3
17Sean Clarke Pedal Power RT / Endura 3
18Stuart Moran Perth United CC 4
19Andrew Hood Leslie Bike Shop / Right Move W J
20Gerald Grant Falkirk BC 4
21Dominic Hines Edinburgh RC V3
22Stevie Crowther Leslie Bike Shop / Right Move W 3
23Claire Thomas Edinburgh RC W1
24Andy Matheson Musselburgh Roads V3
25Ken Thomson Dunfermline CC V3
26Alistair McNicol Velo Ecosse U23/3
27Jamie Kennedy Glasgow Couriers 3
28Kristoff Aksnes Glasgow Wheelers CC 4
29Jamie Drever Glasgow Wheelers CC 3
30James Melville Glasgow United CC V3 @11sec
31Jeremy GreengrassGlasgow Nightingale CC 4
32Ross Spence Edinburgh RC 3
33James McPake Falkirk BC 3
34Franco Porco Falkirk BC 3
35Hamish MacLean www.thebicycleworks.com 3 @16sec
36Chris Whittle Deeside Thistle 3
37Kieran McCluskey Team Icarus 3 @18sec
38Barry McGurk Glasgow Couriers 3
39RaymondReidy Leslie Bike Shop / Right Move W V3
40David Lindsay www.thebicycleworks.com 3
41Robin Wilkins Stirling BC / Altura / Wheels 3 @33sec
42Julian Duncan Glasgow Wheelers CC 4 @01:22
43Dougie Young Glasgow Wheelers CC 3 @01:24
44Jed Martens Dunfermline CC 4 @05:24
45Alan Quinn Glasgow United CC V3 @05:49
46Colin Russell Edinburgh RC V3 @08:17
47Georges Avraam Edinburgh RC 4
48Craig Barron Perth United CC 4 @08:19
49Andy Kilpatrick Fife Cycling 2000 V4 @08:25
50Neil Crawford Dundee Thistle 4 @08:27
51Andy Douglas Pedal Power RT / Endura V4 @11:58
52Richie MacPhersonGlasgow United CC 3 @13:14
53Laurent Schirrer Deeside Thistle 4 @1lap
Go to Top of Page

scooper
Gaining Speed

176 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  21:16:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Graeme[/i]
[br]In a race field of 80 I would have liked to see a service vehicle. Had riders known there wasn't a service vehicle we would have left our spare wheels at home and brought our pumps and inner tubes with us. Could have cost me a long walk if it hadn't been for the gorgeous blonde stopping and giving me a lift. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Glasgow Nightingale CC/NVT/Sapphire/Solid Rock



I, and many others would also have liked to see a service vehicle, but unfortunately a race field of 80 means diddly squat when you have a volunteer field of around a dozen and 1 car! Many thanks to Gillian Barclay for driving the second lead car today as without your help the race might have been cancelled.
Go to Top of Page

scooper
Gaining Speed

176 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  21:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by steven robertson[/i]
[br]50 laps of a 1 mile route or at least that is how it feels. please change this it is the only reason i did not race today well done to people who did .was the lad whith the lap board taking the piss the way he did last year .10 to go 7 to go 8 togo 1 to go 6 to go night mair



Your wish is my command.......next year there will be 0 laps of 0 miles. I think "scunnered" would probably sum it up. On the bright side, it should make lap counting a lot easier.
Go to Top of Page

Aitchy
Gaining Speed

133 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  21:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember folks all those unpaid volunteers make these races happen and usually sacrifice their own race so you can, lose them and then we will all be racing on our turbo's.

Craig.

www.hardie-bikes.com
www.scottoiler.com/active.asp

Go to Top of Page

EddieC
Gaining Speed

167 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  22:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big thanks Stevie for all the work you put in for yesterdays race. Was a great event and is very much appreciated (despite any comments you may see on here!!)

Go to Top of Page

fuente
Speed Limits N/A

1075 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  22:15:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Aitchy[/i]
[br]Remember folks all those unpaid volunteers make these races happen and usually sacrifice their own race so you can, lose them and then we will all be racing on our turbo's.

Craig.

www.hardie-bikes.com
www.scottoiler.com/active.asp





well said sir
Go to Top of Page

Italiafile
Crusing Past

214 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  22:23:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's admirable of anyone who takes on organising a race and we should be thankful no matter what because without them we would be up the creek withoot a paddle!
Go to Top of Page

barky
Speed Merchant

762 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2009 :  23:31:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I've said before, cyclists are their own worst enemies, somebody gives up a huge amount of time and puts on a race, then individuals publicaly discourage them by pointing out what you think they did wrong, try it in a nicely written email to the organiser, why make it public? Otherwise accept that without them you'd be without events. Riders need to start seeing that we need more events, not constant criticism for unpaid hours of work, you're just making sure you're removed first from other organisers start sheets with stuff like this, we want more organisers in the sport, not less due to clueless moaners.
Wake up and see the damage a daft comment can make to somebody's motivation to give up their time for YOU.
Go to Top of Page

franco porco
Gaining Speed

180 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2009 :  06:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all the guys who make negative comments should try and run a race next year see whats involved maybe then they would be less critical.this is a great event. well done to all involved including the Police motor bikes who did a great Job.
Go to Top of Page

wee burnie
Learner

32 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2009 :  10:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just shut up and race!

Excellent event, strip was very clean, we got showers, food!
Race, sign on organised, marshalls in place, safe race, police escort!
I am sure there are reasons for no service car, again this comes down to volunteers, so again excellent job for what the club had available.

I suffered a puncture, i was hacked off more so that it was my fault for getting it but the fact there was no service didnt put me off the event!

Scottish MTB youth champ 94
Scottish Cyclo x junior champ 96
OLD SKOOL
Go to Top of Page

AliMcN
Setting Off

53 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2009 :  11:38:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admitt that I had worries about the police being present and preventing the race from running as "smoothly" (read using the other side of the road a bit!)
But I must say that those involved were very considerate to the dynamic of the race and only moved riders back onto the left hand side when approaching possible trouble spots.
Anyone who complains about road racing should perhaps take up time trialling where nobody can here you winge!
Go to Top of Page

flyingscot
Setting Off

97 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2009 :  14:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Knockers and Moaners 3 : 0 Hard working Volunteers
Scorers; Lionking, PBPB, steven robertson

Yes the couch potatoes of the knockers and moaners are fighting back, worried at the rising numbers competing in bike races in Scotland, they have come out with full guns blazing.
What a victory, yes it looks like they have really pissed off another hard working unpaid volunteer who virtually single handily organised the Jack Murray Junior Trophy RR.
Yes this is a road race aimed specifically at Juniors, you know those young people we are so desperately trying to get into our sport.
I know that everyone is entitled to there opinion, however most of the sensible people don’t get involved in these fruitless conversations, making it look like the moaners are winning.
It is about time the moderators of this forum removed some of this rubbish before all the hard workers get really p1ssed off and jack it in.

Well done Stevie Cooper, hopefully you will put it down to experience and come back again next year.
Go to Top of Page

PBPB
Speed Limits N/A

1411 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2009 :  15:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flying Scot, Nowhere in my post did I berate the efforts of Stevie as an organiser, I think

he knows that. The event was very well organised, I was mainly referring to the licence

points system shortcomings. That is out of Stevies hands , He has to accept what is

written on the licences. The fact is Stevie organises an event, but it is the riders who

put on the race . Anyone should be able to praise or critisise the efforts of riders in an

event. I don't think we've heard the last of Stevie Couper,I hope he's thicker skinned

than that. Ian.

Edited by - PBPB on 31 Mar 2009 15:17:36
Go to Top of Page

SJC1952
Learner

2 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2009 :  15:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a member of DCC and a marshall for the event I can honestly say that Stevie Cooper worked tirelessly to make this event a success. We were short of numbers on the day but that in no way reflects on Stevie.
Go to Top of Page

steven robertson
Speed Merchant

741 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2009 :  16:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote][i]Originally posted by flyingscot[/i]
[br]Knockers and Moaners 3 : 0 Hard working Volunteers
Scorers; Lionking, PBPB, steven robertson

Yes the couch potatoes of the knockers and moaners are fighting back, worried at the rising numbers competing in bike races in Scotland, they have come out with full guns blazing.
What a victory, yes it looks like they have really pissed off another hard working unpaid volunteer who virtually single handily organised the Jack Murray Junior Trophy RR.
Yes this is a road race aimed specifically at Juniors, you know those young people we are so desperately trying to get into our sport.
I know that everyone is entitled to there opinion, however most of the sensible people don’t get involved in these fruitless conversations, making it look like the moaners are winning.
It is about time the moderators of this forum removed some of this rubbish before all the hard workers get really p1ssed off and jack it in.

Well done Stevie Cooper, hopefully you will put it down to experience and come back again next year..................................................................................................................................................
i did not knock stevie, i just dont like the course. so i did not ride it. sorry that my post was not all sweetness and light it seems if you have a diferent veiw on things then you have to say nothing and fall into line . my gradfathers fight in the grate war was all for nout

Edited by - steven robertson on 31 Mar 2009 16:17:21
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms © 2013 Braveheart Cycling Fund Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.87 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000