Event Results
 Criterium De Levallois
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Crusing Past

324 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2011 :  12:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done to all the team taking part in this yesterday (and cheers for letting me jump the queue at boarding). Can't find any results, but sounded pretty ferocious up against U23 world champ!

18 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2011 :  11:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunday 16th October 2011, the 15th International Crit�rium de Levallois in the outskirts of Paris, near summer weather & a huge crowd. A really top class international field, led by Arnaud DEMARE, the new World Champion at under-23 level and Freddy BICHOT, the current French �amateur� champion, plus professional teams at UCI Continental level from several countries. In total, 11 countries were represented, including Scotland. As always there was an impressive list of French & Belgian former champions for autograph hunters to grab. The race took place 120 years to the day from the founding of the V�lo Club de Levallois.

Straight from the gun the pace was extremely high, averaging 48 kph (30 mph) for the first half hour. By that time a break of seven riders had already been established. Despite all the counter attacks, they stayed away. Over the final few laps we were treated to a superb battle, as Bichot & especially the Dutchman Leander SCHREURS attacked repeatedly. By the final lap, the leaders had been reduced to three, Julian JULES, Alexandre GRATIOT, & SCHREURS, who finished in that order. It was one of the best races I have ever seen. Schreurs was undoubtedly the strongest rider in the race, just as he was last year, but again he lost out at the finish. Last year he was away on his own for the last 10 laps, but he was caught with only 10 metres to go. Unfortunately the pace was too fast for the Scottish team. Only Ross Creber managed to the finish in the main bunch. David Lines almost made it, dropped with only 2 laps to go. The others hung on until their legs gave out, but 108 kms at that speed was beyond them. Videos of the race are available on various websites, such as Ville de Levallois/TV Levallois/videos/le criterium 2011. Unfortunately I was too busy removing & transporting the race equipment & taking some of the teams to the airport(s) to get the full result.

The international criterium is the centrepiece of a weekend which celebrates the past, the present & the future of the sport. The past featured the rich history of the VC Levallois, the present highlighted the various forms of cycle racing, with a race of cycle couriers & a small gentleman�s race, and Arnaud Demare seems certain to one of the champions of the future. David Lang rode the gentleman�s race with Jimmy Casper, and he was invited on to the podium and presented with an enormous bouquet of flowers.

All in all a fabulous weekend in a fabulous city. Next year�s race will be on Sunday 14th October 2012. It is now recognised as the top race in the Paris region, and it is certainly the best �amateur� criterium in France.

Alistair FORBES, V�lo Club de Levallois
Go to Top of Page

Gaining Speed

116 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2011 :  13:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alistair,

Sounds a fantastic event! Heard from Davie its very well organised and extremly fast! Would love the oppertunity if possible to ride this event next season as part of the team if you manage to get another Scotland invitation. Are you the best person to speak to with regards this?

My e-mail is

Kind Regards

Gary Hand

Edited by - lightspeedx1 on 20 Oct 2011 13:18:31
Go to Top of Page

Gaining Speed

104 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2011 :  17:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes so would I alistair, is this where you sign up?

My email is

Kind regards

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Braveheart Cycling Fund Chat Rooms © 2013 Braveheart Cycling Fund Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000