Following consultation with Scottish Cycling and the appointed Chief Commissaire, it has reluctantly been decided to cancel this weekends Scottish Track Championship meeting at Meadowbank.
The weather forecast for both Saturday and Sunday is for persistent rain and heavy showers and the best forecast is that there may be a few hours on Sunday afternoon when it may be dry. With the rain over the last few days and low temperatures the track will take 1 � to 2 hours to dry and therefore there is very little prospect of getting any one event complete. With many riders and officials having to travel considerable distances and having other event commitments meaning they may not have the possibility of riding an event rescheduled from Saturday to Sunday, it is felt that in the best interests of all concerned that this decision is taken at an early date to avoid unnecessary travel and inconvenience.
Discussions will be held with Scottish Cycling shortly on rescheduling the Championship events and with British Cycling on the prospect of rescheduling the BC Sprinters League due to have been held as part of the meeting and whether entries will be carried over to any re-scheduled meeting or whether this meeting is treated as cancelled and championship entries opened up again for a new meeting. Further announcements will be made as soon as these discussions are held and will be communicated to all entrants to these Championships.
� Kind regards � David Menzies
Martin Harris It doesn't get easier, you just go faster